WordPress Tutoring for People Who Don’t Speak Geek
The problem is; many WordPress users don’t know how their sites work or are not technically inclined.
Some haven’t even set it up yet. Others have a site but it looks like a blank page or needs to be updated. Nothing’s happening because they’re dazed and confused.
Sometimes the webmaster only speaks “Geek,” or charges an arm and a leg just to dot an “i.” If any of the above applies to you, it’s time to take control and learn simple skills to keep you from pulling your hair out.
Who is this woman and what can she do for me?
I’m Rebecca Olkowski, and I’ve been an entrepreneur for 35+ years and a blogger since 2008. I’m a Baby Boomer who didn’t graduate from college fluent in code. I spent years promoting myself as a professional voice-over actor and pounding the pavement doing sales and marketing.
I discovered blogging, loved it and taught myself how to do it. It took an enormous amount of hours and I made hundreds of mistakes. Now I enjoy sharing my knowledge with others in a way that doesn’t make their brains explode. I pride myself on being a patient “hand holder” and gentle guide who empowers my clients to take control of their site. If I could figure out how to use WordPress, I know you can too and you won’t have to spend precious time making mistakes.
Here’s what I’m offering you:
I do “one on one” virtual WordPress tutoring sessions using an online screen sharing program called Join.me. We can also speak over the phone and via email. You don’t have to physically be in same room with me and can learn in the comfort of your own home from anywhere in the world.
- creating pages
- writing posts
- installing plugins (there are hundreds of cool ones that will make your website stand out)
- uploading media (photos, audio, videos)
- adding products
- creating landing pages
- and much more specific to your project or business. I don’t believe anyone is a one size fits all.
There are a number of WordPress tutorial videos online but sometimes they’re hard to understand. They also don’t address your specific needs like I can.
I charge $50 per hour and invoice using Freshbooks with a Paypal link. Most of the time it only takes an hour or two. My goal is to make sure you know how to use your WordPress site so you don’t have to pay someone else to do it.
Reasons you may want WordPress Tutoring:
- Your webmaster left you with an empty WordPress website. None of the settings were configured and your links look like scrambled eggs. This isn’t good for Search Engine Optimization. (SEO)
- You have no idea how to write a post, create a page or get it to show up in the right place.
- You’ve uploaded images and they’re so big they’re taking over your site like The Blob.
- Your text looks like a gremlin got a hold of it.
- You want to collect names for your email list but have no idea how to put up an opt-in box.
- Your Facebook and Twitter icons are sending people to someone else’s account.
- You want to sell products online and actually, collect money for them.
- You want to put videos or audios on your site and don’t know how.
- You have a big sale coming up and your website looks like chop suey.
I met Rebecca after working with a so-called Word Press “expert”, who set up a blog that looked dreadful. Rebecca jumped in, patiently teaching me the fundamentals of Word Press and how to customize it. In less than one month, I went from having one cheap-looking blog to having 3 blogs that convey my message, are attractive and professional-looking and are rapidly moving up in the rankings of search results. I would highly recommend Rebecca to anyone who is serious about branding themselves using Word Press.
Monique Bryher, Broker-associate/Realtor Pinnacle Estate Properties